Building PR / Media Relations for a catholic diocese
Client: Diocese of Las Cruces
Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico
Services: Public relations, Media planning
crisis communications & sharing the good news with diocese of las cruces
In May 2018, the diocese of las cruces asked for our help in developing a public relations and communications infrastructure that would enable it to be more transparent, timely, and bold in responding to inquiries not only from the media, but from its parishes and catholic faithful within the diocese.
as with most U.S. catholic dioceses, the Diocese of las cruces was managing the good news with the not-so-good-news. in just two months of working with us, the diocese was able to more aptly handle a lawsuit, a ‘weeping’ our lady of guadalupe statue, and the announcement that its much-loved bishop would be moving to the diocese of San Jose, california.
we partnered with the diocese to implement an action-oriented Public relations plan that includes:
– creating a crisis communications plan & team
– implementing a formal diocesan office of communications
– working through multiple crisis scenarios and mapping out a media strategy
– ongoing consulting and on-site monthly visits
– marketing and communications support for administration and ministries.
BACK TO PORTFOLIO >>